AM437x/AMIC120 Industrial Development Kit (IDK)
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
For a limited time, get 12% off the purchase of this EVM with coupon code “SITARA12EVM"
Fill out a request for a secure boot NDA, to get more information about secure boot, to purchase a high secure EVM, and to obtain SEC-DEV software.
- AM437x IDK EVM Hardware User's Guide
(PDF 327 KB)
28 Nov 2017
- AM437x Industrial Development Kit Quick Start Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 2457 KB)
21 Feb 2018
The AM437x/AMIC120 Industrial Development Kit (IDK) is an application development platform for evaluating the industrial communication and control capabilities of Sitara™ AM4379, AM4377 and AMIC120 processors for industrial applications.
The AM4379, AM4377 and AMIC120 processors are ideal for industrial communications, industrial control, and industrial drives applications. The AM437x and AMIC120 processors integrate a quad-core Programmable Real-time Unit (PRU) that has been architected to implement the real-time communication technologies used in a broad range of industrial automation equipment. It enables low foot print designs with minimal external components and with best in class low power performance.
The IDK hardware and software are designed for industrial applications:
- Industrial drives
- Industrial sensors and I/O units
- Industrial communication gateways
- Programmable logic/automation controllers (PLC/PAC) with integrated industrial communications such as EtherCAT and feedback such as EnDat.
Step 1: Order the IDK board
Step 2: Download the Processor SDK and the industrial protocol package
Step 3: Read the application note
Step 4: Read the industrial protocol package software development guide
- AM4379/AMIC120 ARM Cortex-A9
- 1GB DDR3
- QSPI-NOR flash
- Discrete power solution
- Industrial communication interfaces
- EnDat connectivity for motor feedback control
- On-board 2Mp camera (camera interface not available on AMIC120)
Software and Tools
- Processor SDK (Linux and TI-RTOS)
- Code Composer Studio integrated development environment (IDE)
- Application stacks for industrial communication protocols
- Sample industrial applications
- Industrial Software for PRU-ICSS
- EnDat 2.2
- BiSS C
- SERCOS III
- Motor axis position feedback
- Up to 3-phase motor drive connector
- Sigma Delta Decimation Filter
- Digital inputs and outputs (I/O)
For evaluation of sample industrial applications:
- EtherCAT/PROFIBUS master/PLC equipment (not included) to communicate with the AM437x IDK
- Up to 3-phase motor with optional position feedback sensing (not included)
For application development: